What you'll need
Dawn Exceptional® R&H® Richcreme® Vanilla Cake Base (00435926)
Bakery Essentials™ EIE Soy All Purpose Shortening (02505496)
Bakery Essentials™ Whole Eggs*
Bakery Essentials™ Premium Bread Flour*
Bakery Essentials™ Double Acting SAS Baking Powder (03027691)
Bakery Essentials™ Natural Seedless Raisin Select (02503573)
Bakery Essentials™ Sweetened Coconut Flake (02493716)
In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, combine 100% creme cake base, 24% shortening, 32% eggs, 30% bread flour, 0.75% baking powder, 32% cold water, and 30% raisins. Mix on first speed until the mixture comes together, 2-3 minutes. Using a #6 white scoop, deposit the batter onto paper covered sheet trays, egg wash and top with coconut. Bake at 350°F until golden brown.
To make the flavored magdalenas, omit the raisins during the mix and proceed with baking. Then top with any of the toppings listed below:
- M&M Milk Chocolate Mini Bits Candy (00124396)
- Bakery Essentials™ 12/14 Rainbow Non-Pareils (03032220)
- Dawn Exceptional® Diced Fruit Dark Red Strawberry Filling Pouch Pak (02407824)
- Dawn Exceptional® Enhanced Consistency Streusel (00027078)
- South Georgia Peacan Company Fancy Medium Pecan Pieces (02407692)
- Dawn Exceptional® Enhanced Stability White Flat Icing (00672560)
- Dawn Exceptional® Enhanced Stability Chocolate Flat Icing (00672586)
To make egg wash, use a ratio of 2:1 whole eggs:water. For example, for every pound of eggs used, add 8 oz water. Mix together and add a pinch of salt if desired.
* Please reach out to Dawn Sales Representative for item number.
Vanilla, Raisin, Coconut, Flake, Candy, Non-Pareil, Sprinkles, Strawberry, Flat Icing, Chocolate